Monday, December 11, 2017

All Everyone,
I am starting a blog. Mainly because it looks like fun and then too because it will hopefully provide a little extra motivation to stick with the various projects I have planned.
The two main ones at the moment are to start learning to weaving on a triangular loom. I have wanted to learn to weave for a long time but several things kept getting in the way. First weaving looms can be expensive and I don’t really want to put that much money into something I may not really enjoy. Secondly, there are no weaving classes in my area and teaching myself just doesn't sound like a good idea. I live in a small town in the southeast.

So, I got myself a 36-inch triangular loom for Christmas for $95.00, plus shipping. They are in Texas, I am in N.C. so shipping was $25.00.  Brought it on Etsy from ThePearlyQueen. Haven't opened it yet.  This image is from ThePearlyQueen website on Etsy. I'll post one when I get mine set up or as I am setting it up.

I also need to get yarn. I'll be starting out with yarn from Walmart.
If I like the results or can see the potential, I may get more expensive yarn later. I believe there is still a yarn shop downtown called The Twisted Knitter.  I’ll blog about the experience and maybe someone will enjoy it. Maybe they will get inspired or at least avoid some pitfalls. It might provide a little comic relief.


The next big project is starting to get boxes from Dia & Co. They are a shopping/styling service that specializes in plus sized fashion. My first box is scheduled for the next before Christmas. It should be interesting. 

Oh, I just started bullet journaling and bible journaling. Really enjoy both. Actually coloring in a bible is still a little odd for me. I kinda expect to be struck by lightning or at least have my Mama reach all the way from heaven and smack my hands. After I work through the unease, I do enjoy it. Both of those will show up in the blog, I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIBLE JOURNALING   It is less than two weeks until Christmas.  I am not ready. So I am escaping for a few minutes into my blog. Also if yo...